The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 30 - File: global.php(953) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(953) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/global.php 953 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 66 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 66 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 1021 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 1021 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1021 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$bottomlinks_returncontent - Line: 6 - File: global.php(1056) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1056) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1056 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1449 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1449 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1404 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

SPD Support Forum
tortured by sound - a fix! - Printable Version

+- SPD Support Forum (http://spdsupport.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Forums (http://spdsupport.org/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: SPD General (http://spdsupport.org/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: tortured by sound - a fix! (/thread-829.html)

tortured by sound - a fix! - shorrocksalot24 - 12-22-2012

Hi everyone - I dont know how many of you suffer from hearing too well, to the point of being driven nuts, and/or tears. I finally splurged on a great pair of active noise cancelling headphones. I was petrified to do so, because of my many sensitivities. I was afraid they would be too uncomfortable, or not really work and so on, and the top rated ones, are $$$.

Well they arrived today - and I wish I had done this 4 years ago. I literally cried. The only time I have experienced this type of silence was when the electric in the house would go off. I still can hear talking, and the tv, and other things, but it cancels out the hums of all the motors, the electric hums, fans, and so much more. I dont think I would have become so hostile, and miserable if I could have accessed this type of silence, in comfort, when I needed to. I swear, even my own chewing is tolerable from these things! Suddenly - the jackhammers are OFF in my head. Not a moment too soon.

Active noise cancelling headphones. I wish I had known about them before. The ones I purchased, can be hooked up to most other audio as well, like MP3s, Tvs, computers. The music is so clear, and the outside noises are still mostly cancelled too!

RE: tortured by sound - a fix! - LAC1961 - 12-28-2012

Congratulations! It's such a wonderful thing to find something that works--whether for yourself or your child. Enjoy the quiet!

RE: tortured by sound - a fix! - heather40 - 01-01-2013

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

RE: tortured by sound - a fix! - paddy - 01-07-2013

Congrats, I discovered these a few months ago also, best thing ever.

RE: tortured by sound - a fix! - shorrocksalot24 - 01-15-2013

hi - an update - I am wearing these - right now - they are the only things that prevent me from having a meltdown - speaking of meltdowns - the one they dont prevent is between myself and my son - because of me wearing these - he tends to talk quiet - and gets so mad at me that he has to repeat himself - and then I get upset about the fact that I have to wear them.....its happened more than once (he has milder spd than I) My only wish is that I could sleep with these on!!!!!!!!!!!! The only reason I cant is that any movement of them or touches on them is noticeable to me - not comfortable if you are laying down - Sad Did any of you see the latest at the latest tech convention in las vegas - they have made chairs with headrests with the noise cancelling technology in them. I doubt they would work as well as these though - the vacuum seal is so important in these working so well. still - best thing ever, agreed! saved my life

RE: tortured by sound - a fix! - amywolfe87 - 01-16-2013

I have one of these and it's really helpful when I can't find that perfect spot to indulge with my books. I bought this on Amazon two months ago.